Contributing to fostering a societal transformation away from oppression, competition, inequalities and environmental destruction.
We believe in helping people take control of their housing, work and lives through co-operation, common ownership and democratic decision making. We are working with other groups that are aligned with this value as part of Radical Routes, a national mutual-aid network of co-operatives working towards positive social and ecological change.
As a co-op we work according to the values of self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equity, and solidarity. In the tradition of their founders, co-operative members believe in the ethical values of honesty, openness, social responsibility and caring for others.
What we do
- Housing co-op registration: we register housing co-ops (incorporation) and offer advice to new groups
- Consultancy: we offer specialist advice to help your project get off the ground and develop in areas like:
- legal structure and financial regulations
- financial strategy, modelling and appraisal
- business planning
- and more…
- Financial services: we can support your organisation with accounts, bookkeeping, payroll and tax return
- Training: we can help co-ops and collectives with :
- understanding basic financial concepts, terminology and legal obligations
- getting their head around their own business model and finance
- reading and extracting information from accounts and other financial statements
- doing their bookkeeping
- and more…